Friday, November 02, 2007

Turner






Click on images to enlarge

Yesterday I went to the Tate Britain to see the Millais exhibition..Well, yeah, not bad. Some paintings are truly great and some...Well...
But before I left I passed through the Turner Galleries....My God! There is a show of rare Turner's watercolours selected by David Hockney. FABULOUS!!!..One of the most magnificent and stimulating exhibitions I've seen in my life. Unmissable. If you live in London YOU HAVE TO VISIT IT! It puts Turner very close to Rembrandt as one of the most extraordinary artists of all time sketching evocative landscapes.

Ayer fui a la Tate y vi una muestra de acuarelas de Turner elegidas por David Hockney. Una de las mas extraordinarias colecciones de obras maestras que vi en mi vida.

11 Comments:

Blogger maxi said...

¡¡¡ que envidia !!!...ojalá vuelva Turner por Barcelona. El año pasado hubo una expo increilble...pero faltaron las acuarelas.

8:14 pm  
Blogger Oscar Grillo said...

Es una bestia el hombre. el efecto de bruma sobre la montaña azulada esta hecho raspando la pintura con un papel de lija.

11:41 pm  
Blogger nico said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:38 am  
Blogger nico said...

esas acurellas de Turner son increibles !!!

respecto a vos,sos un groso...
historietista, animador, pintor, ...

ke cosas no haces ??

impresionantes...

saluditos

nico

http://lashistorietasdenico.blogspot.com/

2:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

de uno de los más grandes! (y locos)

6:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Grillo,
Are you the same Oscar Grillo who has an illustration published in Alan Passes,The Private Diary of Rembrandt Harmenszoon Van Rijn Painter, 1661? If so, I am in desperate need of contacting you regarding rights and reproduction of this illustration on page 134. I will wait for your confirmation.

3:12 pm  
Blogger Oscar Grillo said...

Yes, I am. Put an e-mail address and I'll contact you directly. I'll erase it as soon as I receive it to avoid you getting junk mail, etc.

3:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:22 pm  
Blogger CárcamO said...

Extarordinária secuencia de aquarelas del grande maestro Turner. Solo la sensibilidad de otro maestro para postar esa maravilla. Grande Grillo!!
Un gran abrazo
Cárcamo

10:49 am  
Blogger Liniers said...

Oscar...
turner es el único pintor que consigue encandilar... habrás llevado anteojos negros...
Saludos desde el sur
L

2:04 pm  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

Turner transcends and illuminates. Your zeal is infectious. When I go to a Museum and see something stunning I laugh.

Pure joy. I wiush I could bottle it. Will be back.

3:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home